Image Courtesy: www.google.com

             There were times when I was, as a toddler, gamboling around the corners of my house. There were times when I was babbling like forever with my toys. There were times when I was crawling either under the table or along the ground, and careening around with my fragile steps; thanks to the tangible support that my mother and father used to provide me; however, the moment my father or mother used to remove his or her hand intentionally from my tiny little fingers, every time I used to fall down, whimper for a moment and try desperately to get back on my feet by myself.   

Still, those were the times when tearing apart those crazy, gaudy toys used to be very joyful. Those were the times when I used to find the taste of mud much tastier than any other. Those were the times when even a long, loud whining used to much more soothing than a carefree smile.

But, with a rolling off every second, I never realized when all of the above started to fade away. With the passage of time, I didn’t come to know when I got used to my new way of living.

Now, it has been more than 25 years. But still, as foolish as it sounds, it looks like all of the above were things of long past. And it’s not surmounting the daily odds and challenges has made me this way. In fact, if that was the case, I could have been enjoying like earlier I used to. But, unfortunate as it seems, it’s not the case.

For most of the time, I find myself occupied with usual vocational activities only. Now, even if time permits, I just stroll around my home for a while or otherwise. Even after making sensible talks in long office hours, now I don’t get the time to prattle idiotically with my family. Now, even after able to stand on my feet without someone’s help, I don’t have the energy to take my feet out of my bed, especially over the weekends.

This busy, hectic life of today has taken my nostalgia now to a level where I regret about the present most of the times and wander here and there in a hope of recollecting any leftovers of my childhood. Unfortunately, all my efforts seem to be going in vain till now where finding the remnant of earlier times in my present life looks more like a mere fantasy.

         Admittedly, this busy, hectic life of today has made my life more regressive than ever where every time only one rhetorical question hovers over my head and i.e. - "Why I want to be a child again!"

-- THE END --