Image Courtesy : www.google.com

            So, I woke up this morning and saw 2 messages that I received at wee hours. I thought they had to be quite momentous since I got them at a very strange time. The anxiety to see the content and especially to know the person who had actually texted them was so much that I literally walked down the isle and went into the gallery barefooted. But, Before opening them, I asked myself (with a smirky smile on my face) - which pretty lady might had my reminiscence at such a awkward time!!! But, I guess this simper wanted to be short-lived. Thing is, when you expect something more... I mean ... more than your capacity, the almighty would do anything to turn the coin on its head; and yes, it will be as good as "Anticipation is the enemy of pleasure." When I actually opened the 1st message, I saw “Today’s SOD is *** , and you need to do some batch related payment submissions – On Priority”. I was totally flabbergasted and befuddled after seeing it since, firstly I didn't understand it at one go and secondly, my mind wasn't clear to contemplate it as I got off the bed just a few seconds back. Still, I dared to open the 2nd one, keeping my hopes high onto the other one assuming  it had to be from a pretty girl. But, like I said earlier, it doesn't matter what you think or rather whom you imagine through such messages, ultimately you would be fettered and confounded in the labyrinth of office work. However, the most bizarre thing was the content of the 2nd message …For that you need to come early”. This had literally brought me out of dizziness and asked me to buckle myself up and head towards office. However, the irony lay with the time at which I actually read these 2 messages. To my bad, the time to submit those futile payment had already crossed the cut-off. So, assuming whatever we use to do ought to be of High Priority task and that it wouldn't matter if I go to office at my usual time, I decided to go to the office at my diurnal time.

When I opened the GDC (A separate place for a bunch of idiots) gate, I saw that there he/she is.. My TL was standing just in front of me as if he/she knew when I used  to come to office. Then, it was like all guns blazing. He/She was trying to put forth his/her point of view and shouting all over me and I was there standing in one corner listening to the daily cliché.  When the thunderstorm got a little bit sober, I went to my seat and checked my mails (Unlike my messages, I wasn't expecting any astounding e-mails). But, there it is, the thunderstorm that got dwindled was only from offshore, Abhi to onsite se gaali khana baki tha”. Unfortunately, the first e-mail that I checked was related to that only. It was totally packed and crowded with ****  words. Finally, I ignored all of such e-mails and started doing my work just the way I used to do. By 6:00 PM IST, I almost finished my primary work.

Then the time came to perform my added task i.e. the analysis of today’s work via EOD. As usual, It was standing far away from its twin, i.e. SOD. Then we had a period where the BIG BOSS had pinpointed my TL and then he, in return, condemned me as if I was the only possible nexus to let the two lost buddies SOD and EOD meet. Then, I thought that what if I had come at the specified time? Would the missing SOD, in that case, had met his lost brother twin EOD?

Thing is, no matter at what time one comes, the brothers SOD and EOD ,lost in the fair of “Count”, can’t meet again. And even if they meet on any day, by any chance, it would be the rarest day to remember, and surely it needs to register as a Token in our minds.

Note: All incidents, persons and things mentioned above are implicitly part of my own office work. Any resemblance of these with your own work is actually expected since it is commonplace for all. 

                        
                                                                   -- THE END --